Lamego Cathedral
Location N 41° 5’ 52.27” | W 7° 48’ 24.79”
Largo da Sé-132 5100 Lamego, Viseu
Useful Information
Price Free Visit
Contacts
+ 351 254 612 766 | + 351 254 666 195
mlamego@culturanorte.gov.pt

Restored the diocese in the XI century, Lamego has one Cathedral built in the reign of Afonso Henriques of which nothing remains. Of the medieval work remains the side tower of the XIII or XIV century, as the temple was rebuilt in the transition from the XV to XVI centuries. The main façade, work of the master João Lopes (1508-1515), is of the final Gothic. The interior was renovated in the century. XVIII. The cloister features beautiful Renaissance arcades.

    Price

    Free visit