Concathedral of Miranda do Douro (Old Cathedral)
Location N 41° 29’ 35.26” | W 6° 16’ 24.26”
Largo da Sé 0005-210 Miranda do Douro, Portugal
Useful Information
ScheduleVerão: Terça: 14h00 às 18h00 | Quarta a Domingo: 10h00 às13h00; 14h00 às 18h00 Inverno: Terça: 14h00 às 17h30 | Quarta a Domingo: 09h30 às13h00; 14h00 às 17h30 Encerra: 1 jan, domingo de Páscoa, 10 jul, 1 maio e 25 dez
Price Free Visit
Contacts
+ 351 273 430 025 | + 351 966184910 | + 351 226 19
mterramiranda@culturanorte.gov.pt | dsbc.drcn@culturanorte.gov.pt

The cathedral construction began in 1552 with project of Gonçalo Torralva and Miguel de Arruda and further execution of Francisco Velasquez. Of mannerist design, with three aisles, has ribbed vault supported by Tuscan columns. The main façade, austere, it is flanked by imposing towers and surmounted by rail. Completed in the early of the XVII century, kept the episcopal Cathedral status until 1780.