Castle of Pena Róias
Location N 41° 20’ 30.51” | W 6° 38’ 16.46”
Useful Information
Price Free Visit

Rocker castle born previous to nationality, was its owner Fernão Mendes, the Braganção that in 1145, in Afonso Henriques reign donated it to the Templars.

Among other works rose the main tower around 1172, as the existing subscription. After the extinction of the Temple order the castle passed to the command of Christ order and later to Távoras. In 1758 it was already in an advanced state of ruin.


    Free visit